I’ve been lucky enough to get to visit many hotels in and around the city, but none of them have tickled my fancy quite like the W Hotel Bangkok. At first I was skeptical, given that the overall decor isn’t really my style, but they managed to have me totally hooked within 2 hours of walking in the door. It got to the point where I felt like they could see into my head, to do everything to entertain me in the best way possible. I was just like a kid in a candy shop, running around giggling over all the cool things.
If you were born anywhere near the Gen Y cutoff, this place is catered for you. If all the hotels in Bangkok were to go to high school, the W would be the cool kid in the class. They have perfected the balance between luxury, modernity, funky and just totally awesome.
They say that it’s often the little things which matter the most when it comes to an overall hospitality experience. Well, The W has definitely thought about everything, down to the very last detail. The number of times in which is said, “How did they think of that?!” within my 24 hours there can be counted by the hundreds of iPhone photos I took of all the things that made yelp. The W had me freaking out like the little marketing geek that I am.
Instead of going on and on about all the ways that everything is cooler at the W (which quickly became my trip motto), I have decided to simply list out 21 things that I found at W Hotel Bangkok, which were way more awesome than average. So keep scrolling down (the list starts 8 pictures below) and let me know if these things would entertain you too! I know I’m hooked on W for life. Next stop, W Koh Samui!
1. The coolest pool I ever did see
2. Blue/Purple sparkly pool tiles
3. Local artists featured all over
4. In room bars
5. Black tile bathrooms
6. I didn’t actually check, but art that looks suspiciously like Jonathan Adler
7. Bathtubs one could live in
8. Oversized lollipops in the minibar
9. Doormats catered to the time of day
10. Vintage Vogue alongside breakfast
11. Boxing gloves?
12. Jenga in the lobby
13. DIY cocktail trays and personalized welcome cards
14. Beach balls!
15. Tablet control panels with a “sleep my love” lights out button
16. The Spa of dreams.
I had a massage from the cutest woman and a facial that left my complexion better than I’ve seen it in a very long time. I could have spent days in there! Not to mention the baby blue bathrobes!!!
17. Cloud beds
18. Sprinkles at the breakfast cereal bar
19. The trippiest staircase ever!
20. Underwater speakers
21. Best fortune cookies ever! Some were even pink
Thanks for having me, W Hotel! I’ll be back soon….or potentially touring the world staying only W.