So we’ve all heard Beyonce declare that her aspiration in life is “to be happy”. I’m kind of the same way, I’m obsessed with being happy. This obsession probably stems from the fact that happiness has been one of the biggest struggles of my life and is something that I’m still working on today. I want it so badly, but have yet to figure out how exactly to get there.
For this reason, when I come across someone who really takes control of their life and makes decisions to improve their own mental wellbeing, it resonates deep within me. For me to be able to experience this in others and see the actions that they take, is something that will help me on my own personal path to happiness (whatever that may be).
This is where my friend, Courtney, comes into play. The thing about Courtney is that she is both an amazing personal trainer and a highly educated nutritionist. However, on top of that and what she doesn’t give herself enough credit for, is that she is a truly inspirational teacher as to how one should live their life. Life coach? Hell yah!
I have attended both Courtney’s fitness classes and nutrition seminars. Her knowledge is insurmountable and it’s both scholarly and logical. This means a lot to me given that I get seriously annoyed when people don’t actually know what they’re talking about, especially when it comes to health. My only wish was that I lived closer to Courtney so I could attend her fitness classes daily, I would have a 6 pack by now for sure!
But aside from these obvious attributes, Courtney has made an impression on me in ways that you wouldn’t expect, unless you have already met her. I really don’t know how to objectify the way she lives her life, but I know that what she is doing is right. I know that she has worked hard to acquire the happiness she currently possesses and I know that she is constantly assessing her life to see if anything needs changing. Just last week she informed me that she had quit blogging for awhile to see if she actually loved it. At first I was confused, but then she said she knew she was meant to be doing it if she began to miss it. Thankfully, the missed it so we will continue to be receiving her wonderful posts!
Instead of going on for hours about why I love Courtney, I’m just going to list a few things I have learned that she does in her daily life to make sure she’s happy.
So here are some things that I am working to apply to my life, all inspired by Courtney.
1. Frequent exercise. I know, my mom has told me this my whole life, but it’s true. It really does help.
2. Eat right. Another duh, but it had to be said.
3. Smile & Shine. These are just things Courtney likes to say, but they go a long way to instantly make you feel better.
4. Think of something amazing the second you wake up. Your alarm goes off at 7 am, tell yourself “today is beautiful”.
5. Keep a gratuity journal. Before you go to bed at night, write down everything you are grateful for. You will realize just how great your life is.
6. Create a sentence for the day that you will repeat to yourself every time something gets difficult. If someone is rude on the BTS, say “I am happy and there is good in the world”.
7. See the positivity in others and support those around you. Courtney is one to comment on almost all my blog posts and she is constantly giving me compliments. By sharing this love, you will feel love in return.
8. Sing songs. Courtney likes to sing instead of speak. Not only is that fun, but it makes me laugh.
9. Set goals. Each week and month, Courtney sits down and writes goals that she plans to accomplish. This lets you realize what you need to accomplish and see what you have already obtained. Not only does this help create motivation, it helps you see what it is you are able to achieve. Goals are important, once they’re on paper, they are that more real.
I’m going to stop now, although I could go on for ages. Basically, these practices that Courtney has incorporated into her life pretty much make her a textbook life coach. Courtney doesn’t know it yet, but I think she has yet another possible employment position up her sleeve. Now that is all ’round talent!
Anyways, I hope you enjoy these fun pictures we took together. We mixed Courtney’s love of fitness and my love of fashion to make this fun post, where fitness meets fashion. Here’s a piece of us all mixed together!
If you want to get in touch with Courtney, check out her site here: www.starsystemz.com
Also, let’s count how many times I said “Courtney” in this post…
Vest: Lyn Around – Crop Top: Champion – Leggings: Platinum – Shoes: Target – Bag: Platinum